Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Just think about it.

So I'm going to be a little heavy here. This post has no real point except that it's been on my mind for a few days.

I've been following politics for a bit now. Really not because we now have a black president, but it's interesting. And since I'm thinking of bringing kids into this world I figure I better be informed. Recently, we've had a mayoral election in Atlanta. There was one black candidate and one white candidate. The bottom line is that reports showed that the election was majorly split down racial lines in the city. To me - no surprise.

IMHO, with our new president ( I really hate when people call him the black president), racial lines have been so clearly defined in recent issues it's starting to be sickening. Not in an *ew* kind of way, but in a 1. is everyone going to relate these topics to color and 2. it baffles me that we think our new president joined and released racial tensions. I'm going to venture out and say I've never seen racial lines so clearly defined since the election of our president. go ahead, gasp. shock. awe. but it's the truth. Ever since he came into office EVERYTHING is now a black and white thing. It's become quite annoying for this black person in the room.

All I want is for people to acknowledge the monkey in the room. period. If we acknowledge things we can truly move on and try to *fix* the problem. But since we keep ignoring it - the tension keeps building.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the *I'm down for the black panthers club* and "it's all the man's fault". My views aren't what I want people to realize. I want people to open their eyes a bit and see that this racial tension that we speak of, that the media loves to say doesn't exsist, does. And not because I said so or I believe it does. See, everyone will do the PC thing and say, "nooooooooo, america is full of rainbows and sunshine and we love one another equally."

That's like saying congress knows how to budget.

1 comment: